Revealing Jesus, One Layer at a Time

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mommy thoughts and more :)

Seriously? What is this whole 'waking up at 3:30am and not being able to go back to sleep' thing about? Ugh, this may make for a very long day. However, i am sure all sleepiness and irritability will subside when lil' miss Olivia gets here. She just brightens my day with her chubby smile. In case you are reading this and are clueless as to who 'Olivia' is, she is a 7 month old baby girl i watch 2-3 days a week. And i just love every minute of it, especially since i have ALL boys :). I am learning that girls seem to be much more high maintenance than little boys but that is perfectly fine with me since all of mine are in school and she has me to herself. Hehe!

The time is coming near for Alex to go back to college for another semester so i am already anticipating the anxiety and sadness i have when he drives off. There is just something about my son, who i have spoken to and seen every day for over 18 years, driving 4 hours to a place where i know no one and only hearing from him once a week or so, if i am lucky, that does not seem natural. This is just his freshman year so i am hoping and praying that it gets easier as time goes by. But in the meantime, i will share with you what God has taught me through my sadness and anxiety of my son 'leaving the nest'.

1. There is nothing that could have prepared me for this season in my life.
2. I had not handed my son over to the arms of Jesus, as i thought i had. Evidently, i had some crazy idea that he was MINE and God reminded me that, in fact, he was HIS and i was just blessed to be able to 'borrow' him from his Creator.
3. That God is sufficient and faithful to comfort me, as He knows the TRUE love of a Son.
4. He continues to show me that i have been blessed beyond belief to be able to be a part of what He is doing in and through Alex. That young man is a 'young man after God's own heart' and I was chosen to be his mother. What an honor.

So yeah, off to make breakfast for the kiddos. I am really loving this whole 'blogging' thing so i may be back really soon, but until next time, love and hugs!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home