Revealing Jesus, One Layer at a Time

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I have a dream.......

......that one day;

Sound familiar? Yeah, does to me too. Today I am feeling that same statement come to life in my own dreams. I have a dream that one day, families will meet together regularly to share life together and even study God's Word together. Yes, i know, we do that at church on Sunday with a whole bunch of families. That's not at all what i am envisioning right now. I am talking about 2 families, either of the same generation, or a different generation from one another, meeting together as if we were one big family. Weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. Whichever the Lord leads those two families to do. May just be that they just call each other on occasion and ask to get together. Sometimes, it may just be the men and/or women meet alone for some accountability and prayer. These couples would need to contact each other for personal prayer requests, rebuke/challenge one another when necessary, and most importantly, help direct one another into a deeper understanding of God's Word and into more of the image of Jesus. It will take much transparency, vulnerability, and humbleness but I would almost bet my life that, in the end, it will ALL be more than worth it. I can see it now....the daddy's and ALL children get together for a devotional or life application study of God's Word; Mom's are knelt in prayer for the praises and needs of both families; children of both families are trained to be engaged in a craft or some sort of activity while the couples meet to share praises, needs, and accountability. Many of you may already have been blessed with this type of fellowship but as for me and many others i have spoken with on the subject, I am going to continue to dream. I am going to pray with expectancy that the Creator of the Universe will provide these type relationships for ALL of HIS children. I love you all and cannot stinkin' wait to see what God has for us in 2011!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home