Revealing Jesus, One Layer at a Time

Monday, January 3, 2011

Facebook 'Notes' of the past-part 4

Broken
by Robin Haas Speed on Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 9:58am

I am broken. Broken for myself. Broken for my immediate family. But, honestly, I am broken most for the 'believers in God' that i keep coming in contact with. The thought that someone truly believes in their heart of hearts that they are "Christian" because they grew up in church, or because they said a prayer during invitation at the age of 8, or because their parents are Christian, or even because they 'attend' church every time the doors are open, absolutely breaks my heart. This is a complete and utter lie that has been at the hands of satan for entirely too long. Sometimes, i must admit, i find myself just 'goin thru the motions' and thinking that i have 'done my duty' for the week. God quickly brings me to repentance and i fall to my knees wondering "how in the world could i think for one second that any thing i do or don't do, could earn from Him what He has so freely given?" Ugh, that is sooo when satan gets the best of me and tries to make me think that i am just scum for even trying to be righteous. However, since i know that i have already been made righteous in His sight, it doesn't last long so hakuna matata, friends. He is good, I am not, but He loves me anyway.

Anyway, back to why i am broken....as believers, when we see, hear, read, or sing God's Holy and Perfect Word, it is music to our ears! It quenches our thirst. It satisfies our hunger. If you are claiming Christianity, and are annoyed when you come in contact with His Word, pray and ask yourself if you truly believe what you say you believe. If you believe that God is perfect. That God is Holy. That God is Sovereign. That you, personally, suck on your own and you need His provision and His saving grace. Because, if not, then i would ask you to reevaluate your heart and pray for God to align your desires with His desires for your life. God gives us, as His children, many ways to communicate His love for us. Sometimes it is thru our facebook status, sometimes just thru sharing life with one another as acquaintances, any way that He sees fit. But which ever way He chooses, is perfect. The messenger, however, is NOT. So please give them the grace and forgiveness that has been shown you by Him, if you find fault in it or if it has 'offended' you somehow, or if it is just flat out wrong. But love them enough to confront them with love and gentleness about it so that you and them can both be drawn closer to Him, rather than, closer to self. So yeah, that, my friends, is my brokenness for today :) Love you and I pray we all have a moldable heart so that the message He brings thru our church leader tomorrow, will leave us forever changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home