Revealing Jesus, One Layer at a Time

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The barren fig tree? Or Golden Layer Pillsbury biscuit?

Well, today is going to be a productive day. (repeat 3 times and wiggle my nose)

I was listening to a sermon by Mark Driscoll last night and the topic and scripture reference was out of the Gospel of Luke where it tells about the parable of the barren fig tree. Umm, let's just say, it brought about a bit of conviction. So, with that being said, i will be evaluating my fruitfullness over the last year so that i can begin praying for God to reveal to me where i need to be bearing more fruit. As it stands, i would definitely be the barren fig tree so i gots ta get busy!!! Right now, i am feeling more like a stale, Golden Layers Pillsbury biscuit. (hehe, i just made up my own parable) Like i am full of 'layers' but they are so still and complacent that they are stuck together and as God helps me to peel them apart, crumbs will fall, and those crumbs are just more 'layers' for me to work on. Sigh....this is gonna take a life time! Literally :)

I just love how it takes God NO time to show ya where ya need to bear more fruit when ya ask Him :) Just by typing the above paragraph, He was sure to let me know quite a few things. However, one thing in specific has really stuck out.....parenting. So, the next 'layer' of my journey to reveal more of Jesus, will be to be more on purpose about training and bringing my children up in the Way of the Lord. I will be working on a plan that will assist me in going toward the goal. If any of you know me, you know that 'planning' is a foreign language to me so i am ever so grateful that He will lead me to the steps that He has for me. Whew! What a relief :)

Love and Hugs! Robin :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home